Sunday, November 16, 2008

Home Business Tips - Juggling a Dozen Balls in the Air

Running a home business can be a nightmare at times. You'd be surprised how many things can pop up in your day making it so that you just have no idea where to turn to next. I know the feeling. Even after over five years of running my own business, I have days when I look at my to-do list and want to cry in my beer. So how do I do it? How do I cope with the massive amounts of work that has to be done? Well, I'm going to share with you a few tips that I hope will help you in keeping those balls in the air so that they don't come crashing down to earth.

What I do, before I go to bed at night, is make my to-do list. I write it down so that I can see everything that I have on my plate. Naturally, unexpected things are going to pop up, but we won't worry about them for now. Let's just get a handle on what we KNOW we have to do the next day.

When you make your list, prioritize it. Put the things that have to be done right away, or are most critical, at the top of the list. This way, if for some reason you don't get to the whole list, the things that are most important will get done. It's stupid to do the things that don't bring you income first when you have items that are direct money makers, such as product creation and promotion, ahead of the pack. Do what needs to be done first, first.

Try to figure out how long you think each task is going to take. At first, this is going to be hard to do, especially if you're just starting out. Gradually, you'll get a feel for how long each item is going to take. For example, after writing articles for years, I know that I can write one article in about 15 minutes. So if I have to write four articles in my day, I know that they'll probably take me about an hour to complete.

Finally, take things one step at a time. Don't think about item seven when you're on item one. Put everything else out of your mind. Pretend that item one is the only thing you have to do. You'll find that you're more relaxed that way and as a result, things will go faster and easier.

To YOUR Success,

Steven Wagenheim

Looking for a solid 4 step plan to building your own business...FREE? Pick up my free report at home business and get started TODAY!

Quick
Close
First
Realestate
Aboutbanksystem
Realestate
Bank
Property
Close
Bank

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home